Our Lady of Mount Carmel

Date Opened: 
1871
Date Closed: 
1993

Our Lady of Mount Carmel was established in 1871 to serve the needs of the Irish populace.

First located at 8200 Church Road, it was later moved to 8747 Annetta in the Baden area of north St. Louis. Its school was begun in 1872. In 1912 the Sisters of Loretto staffed the school. Due to the decline in Catholic population it merged in 1993 with Holy Cross Parish to form the new parish of Our Lady of the Holy Cross. The church building now serves as the home of Circle of Light Church.

Address: 
8747 Annetta Ave
St Louis, MO 63147