Date Opened: 
1871
Date Closed: 
1883

St. Bonaventure was established as an Italian national Church in 1872. It was built at Sixth and Spruce and placed under the supervision of the Black Franciscans (an Italian order).  It was not well placed and continued until 1883 when the property was sold. The building was ultimately razed for Busch Stadium.

Address: 
6th & Spruce
St. Louis, MO 63102