Date Opened: 
1863
Date Closed: 
1993

The cornerstone for Holy Cross Church in Baden (northern tip of the city of St. Louis) was laid in 1863. A second church building was erected in 1908. By 1869 the Sisters of St. Francis Oldenburg were teaching in its school. It was founded to meet the spiritual needs of a predominantly German speaking populace. When the Catholic populations of Holy Cross and Our Lady of Mount Carmel Church (also in Baden) were merged a new name, Our Lady of the Holy Cross, was chosen. Since 1993 all Catholic facilities in Baden remain at the former Holy Cross site.

Address: 
8115 Church Rd
St Louis, MO 63147