St. Hedwig was opened as a National Polish parish in 1904. Its 2nd church building was built in 1910 at Itaska and Compton. Later, the church was relocated at 3202 Pulaska. Its school, begun in 1905, was staffed by the School Sisters of Notre Dame. It closed in 1970. The parish closed in 2005 and the properties sold to St. Louis Harvest Church of God TRS (2009).