St. Philip Neri
ST. PHILIP NERI was organized in 1919. Its first church was built in 1921 at Florissant and Geraldine, the 2nd in 1931 at 5076 Durant. Its school, established in 1921, was staffed by the Sisters of St. Joseph. The parish was merged with St. Adalbert’s in 1993 at the St. Philip Neri location, temporarily called Walnut Park Catholic Church, then Simon of Cyrene. The physical church building is now the property of the North City Church of Christ Inc. (2009). The Catholic faith community attends St. Elizabeth, Mother of John the Baptist.