St. Rose of Lima
St Rose's Parish, established in 1884 and built its second church in 1890 at the corner of Etzel and Goodfellow. The church was dedicated in 1891. The third Church which began construction in the spring of 1909, and was dedicated on September 18,1910, was located on the corner of Maple and Goodfellow, just two blocks south of Etzel. From 1876-1883 Jesuits had a mission chapel in the area. In 1897 the Sisters of Loretto began the St. Rose school. The parish was closed in 1992 to merge with Sts. Barbara, Edward, Mark, and Notre Dame de Lourdes at the St. Barbara site under the name of St. Augustine. As of 2009, the church building was the property of Rose Hill Church.