Catholic social teaching strongly promotes active citizenship. The Respect Life Apostolate is taking the Culture of Life to the public square through new social media, such as Facebook, Twitter, and RSS feeds, in addition to maintaining traditional media methods! You, too, can participate in this new evangelization: When you feel moved to share your thoughts, consider the following outlets:
Be sure to follow the Respect Life Apostolate on your social networking sites and profiles. Use the following links to get started:
Letters to the "Editors"
It is important for pro-life supporters to monitor the online, print, and broadcast media's treatment of pro-life issues and prepare appropriate responses in encouragement of the Culture of Life. If you are interested in starting a media task force within your organization, please contact the RLA for resources. Below are some points to get you started.
- If working as a group, send individually composed letters for the most impact.
- Respond in a timely manner with letters/posts or phone calls.
- Letters should be short (150-200 words), concise, and factual. Emotional rants are not helpful.
- Praise the media when things are done well! This goes a long way in establishing a relationship with editors and beat reporters for future events and articles.
- Watch for your letter to be published!
- Resources will appear here at a later time.