User Menu

St. Monica History Print E-mail
Start Stop Previous Next

slideshow picture

Title

Caption




Reverend H. Muhlsiepen, vicar-general, established St. Monica's Church as a mission to serve a group of sixty German farming families in the Creve Coeur area.  The parishioners built a brick church on donated land and the first Mass was celebrated on Christmas Day 1872.  St. Monica's has had a cemetery adjacent to the church from its founding.  The small cemetery lays behind the church and is still active today. Contact the parish office for more detailed information on lots, availability, Endowed Care and pricing information.  314.434.4211