All elementary schools are expected to have a current, creative and proactive marketing and enrollment management plan that will address how they will maintain and increase their school’s enrollment
Catholic Education Center
Office of Communications
Begin: 2011 End: Ongoing
Priority Five states: All elementary schools are expected to have a current, creative and proactive marketing and enrollment management plan that will address how they will maintain and increase their school’s enrollment. This priority has been addressed in the following ways:
Assess the needs of elementary principals regarding the implementation of Priority Five
- A survey was conducted to access all elementary principals’ priorities in the areas of enrollment management and marketing.
- An analysis of the survey provided direction to the committee in the development of resources to assist them in their development of a current, creative and proactive marketing and enrollment management plan.
Develop resources for all principals and their enrollment management teams via the website.
- Resources were developed to address these concerns and make them available cost-free and in a user-friendly format (on line). Resources were designed to eliminate the need for principals to attend many hours of instruction outside their buildings, but rather begin their work with their own Enrollment Management Core Teams in their own buildings.
- Committee members committed to make themselves available to offer individual assistance, as needed, at any school that requested it.
- Presentation on Enrollment Management and Marketing was made at June, 2013 Elementary Principals’ Institute to introduce new marketing and enrollment management resources that had been developed by the MAI Enrollment Management Committee.
- Resources developed were made available on line to all schools…beginning August, 2013, with periodic additions to the Toolkit throughout the year.
- Resources are available at archstl.org/EMP
- Resources include:
- An on-line workbook, Alive in Christ! Advancing the Mission of Catholic education in the Archdiocese of St. Louis
- Evaluation Rubric for current EMPs that provides characteristics of an EMP that exceeds, meets, almost meets, or fails to meet, the Standards and Benchmarks of an effective EMP as described in National Standards and Benchmarks for Effective Elementary and Secondary Schools.
- Toolkit of resources addressing specific topics in more detail, ie, “Video Production for Catholic School Marketing”
- Circulation of the weekly e-publication, The e-Vangelizer, sent to all principals, who are emcouraged too forward electronically to school families (The e-Vangelizer is also promoted via Facebook and Twitter.)
Plans for 2016-17 include: (Coming soon!)