The Facilities Manager will have a dual reporting relationship to the Provincial Facilities Director and the Chief Financial Officer and will be responsible for the routine, preventive and emergency maintenance of all buildings, equipment, vehicles and other physical assets located within or near the St. Louis, MO metropolitan area. Plans and directs the work of the assigned maintenance and environmental services personnel to ensure that all maintenance/repair and housekeeping assignments are performed safely, effectively and efficiently. Conducts troubleshooting and self-performs maintenance tasks as required to ensure departmental efficiency.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
This position requires an Associate’s Degree in facilities maintenance, mechanical technology, electrical technology or a related field and at least five (5) years managerial or supervisory experience. Must have at least five years of experience in a similar capacity to the functions described above. Relevant work experience may be considered in lieu of educational requirements.
1. Plans and coordinates the routine, preventive and emergency maintenance services for the buildings, grounds, equipment, vehicles and other physical assets.
a. Assigns duties and supervises the activities of the assigned maintenance and environmental services personnel.
b. Conducts routine walk-through inspections of all facilities to check for malfunctions and irregularities. Initiates immediate corrective action when necessary.
c. Monitors the operation of the mechanical, electrical and plumbing systems located in all buildings. Engages contractors when necessary for major repairs or equipment replacement.
d. As a working supervisor, self-performs maintenance tasks when necessary to maintain departmental efficiency or address issues of a highly technical nature.
e. Understands the vehicle fleet program and acts as an advisor to Sisters and staff regarding repair issues. Coordinates repairs following accidents and assists with insurance processes as needed. Support the annual insurance renewal and bi-annual registration processes.
f. Monitors the life safety equipment and protocols in all buildings to ensure that all systems are in optimum operating condition. This includes fire alarms systems, sprinkler systems, intrusion alarm systems, fire extinguishers, exit signs, emergency lighting, etc. Responsible for scheduling building drills and equipment training for staff.
g. Documents space utilization and coordinate space assignments as requested.
2. Takes an active role in the implementation and ongoing application of the Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS) in all facilities functions, including preventive maintenance, work orders, repair records and equipment histories.
a. Develops proficiency in the Solar Winds program in order to assign work tasks, run reports, and communicate with end users regarding the status of individual work orders.
b. Supports expansion of the Solar Winds data to include equipment history, keying assignments, occupancy and major maintenance and capital improvements.
3. Monitors expenses for the efficient operation of the facilities.
a. Approves invoices from vendors, contractors, and utility providers.
b. When directed by the Provincial Facilities Director, secures competitive bids from contractors for renovations, repairs, or other contracted services (i.e.; snow removal, lawn/landscape maintenance). Coordinates with contractors and vendors to ensure compliance with contract documents and to minimize disturbance to the Sisters and other personnel.
c. Assists in the development of the department’s annual budget, and monitors monthly expenses against the approved budget.
4. Submits monthly reports to the Provincial Facilities Director summarizing the status of projects, work order backlog and ongoing or predicted maintenance/repair issues.
5. Makes recommendations to the Provincial Facilities Director for needed capital improvements, major repairs and maintenance projects in St. Louis and other Provincial locations.
6. Accompanies state/local authorities and insurance company representatives during inspections.
7. Develops a safety program for the maintenance and environmental services personnel and conducts in-services to ensure safe practices and OSHA compliance.
8. Responds to after-hours emergency calls when conditions warrant.
9. Performs other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
This position requires an experienced technician with an understanding of proactive facilities management. Candidates must understand the importance of preventive/predictive maintenance and possess the ability to establish computerized maintenance schedules for all buildings, equipment, vehicles and other key assets. Candidate should be proficient in Microsoft Office products suite and be able to read blueprints. Excellent written and verbal communication skills and attention to detail are equally important.
Daughters of Charity Ministries, Inc. is a non-profit organization based in St. Louis, MO with offices located in the Central West End. In addition to competitive salaries, the Daughters of Charity, Inc offers employees a comprehensive benefits package to include medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short-term and long-term disability, paid time off (PTO), and matching 403(B) contributions.
For questions or to apply, please contact email@example.com.