Level I Medication Aide/CMT
Cardinal Ritter Senior Services has openings for PRN Level I Medication Aides / Certified Medication Technicians located at Assisted Living Facilities. Cardinal Ritter Senior Services is a not-for-profit organization that values its employees and provides services to improve the quality of life for senior adults by promoting and providing health assistance, housing facilities, social services and programs, and volunteer opportunities in St. Louis City and County, as well as in St. Charles, Jefferson, Franklin and Warren Counties. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package. We also bring the mission to life by expressing the core values of love, compassion, hope and integrity.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Prepares, administers, and documents medications by all routes, except those given by the parental route (with the exception of insulin) in compliance with all State and Federal regulations.
2. Responsible for performing blood sugar testing and administering insulin as ordered.
3. Observes, reports, and records response of the resident to medications.
4. Identifies and implements responsibilities associated with control and storage of medications as well as reordering.
5. Maintains an accurate account of controlled substances.
6. Administers specified treatments and records.
7. Administer oxygen by nasal cannula as needed.
8. Maintains safe, clean environment and careful use of supplies and equipment.
9. Assists residents with bathing and personal hygiene (shaving, oral hygiene, nail care, hair care and foot care (except for diabetics); mobility devices (canes, walkers, wheelchairs, crutches, including monitoring safe self- transfer and ambulation and care of all activities of daily living devices (eyeglasses, hearing aids)
10. Attends staff meetings and in-services as required
11. Assists residents with activities of daily living as needed while encouraging the resident’s independence and freedom of choice.
12. Performs housekeeping tasks such as vacuuming, emptying trash, room cleaning, bed making, and bed/linen changes.
13. Assists residents with personal laundry as needed.
14. Ensures resident’s participation at meal times.
15. Observes and reports changes in resident’s physical condition and cognitive/ emotional status to the RCC.
16. Conducts room checks and resident rounds.
17. Monitors for environmental safety hazards.
18. Provides and promotes customer service for residents, staff, and visitors.
19. Demonstrates an appreciation of the heritage, values, and wisdom of the residents and an understanding of the aging process.
20. Performs other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
1. Must have successfully completed the Level I Medication Aide Training Program for the state of Missouri consisting of a minimum of sixteen hours of integrated formal instruction and practice sessions supervised by an approved instructor.
2. Must have successfully completed or be willing to complete the Insulin Administration Training Program.
3. Must have current CPR certification or be willing to obtain CPR certification.
4. Be familiar with fire and disaster procedures.
5. Participate in fire and disaster drills as required.
6. Must be able to perform duties with minimal direction from the Resident Care Coordinator.
SKILLS & ATTITUDES REQUIRED FOR SUCCESS IN JOB
1 Must be able to think, act, and intervene independently in both routine and emergency situations; must be self- motivated and possess good judgment.
2. Utilizes tactful, diplomatic communication skills to interact in potentially sensitive or emotionally charged situation.
3. Able to perform duties with minimal direction from the Resident Care Coordinator.
4. Able to perform the physical/mental function/requirements of the position .