Associate Director of CYC Sports
The Archdiocese of Saint Louis has an opportunity for a full-time Associate Director of CYC Sports. This position is part of the Catholic Youth Apostolate Office and is located at the Cardinal Rigali Center in Shrewsbury, MO. The Archdiocese is a non-profit organization which encompasses 185 parishes, 146 schools, over 90 offices/agencies and a Catholic population of more than 500,000. We were voted a 2015 and 2016 TOP WORKPLACE in the St. Louis area. We value our employees by providing a balance between work and everyday life. We also offer a competitive benefits package available upon hire and a generous paid time off schedule.
The Associate Director will assist the Director in developing and implementing the vision and goals for the Office of CYC Sports to better serve our mission and the mission of the Catholic Youth Apostolate. The Associate Director will create and implement programs that leverage athletic participation for the New Evangelization. This includes integrating CYC sports with the Archdiocesan vision, beONE. The Associate Director will also assist in the administration of all CYC leagues and programs.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Create programs to train coaches/parents to integrate faith and athletics.
• Train parishes/pastors to integrate faith and athletics.
• Helps oversee large youth sports program and Officials Organization.
• Coordinates general logistical issues of specific events including the maintenance of budgets and the review of financial reports to ensure compliance.
• Manages the logistical aspects of certain major Office of CYC Sports events under the supervision of the Director of CYC Sports. This includes but is not limited to initial planning, budget development, execution, and management and tracking for assigned events.
• Works with a roster management system and a photo ID card system.
• Management of in house leagues including: recruiting teams, obtaining facilities, recruiting and overseeing training of game officials, scheduling of league play and championships, tracking game results and submitting pay requests for officials.
• Serves as representative of CYC Sports at games, dinners, fund-raising events and meetings, which does include night and weekend duties and activities.
Knowledge & Experience Requirements:
• Strong background in athletics
• Basic rules knowledge of the sports offered by CYC
• Previous event-management/coordination experience
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs
• High level administrative/organizational skills are required
• Strategic planning experience is helpful
Skills & Attitudes Required for Success in Job:
• The Associate Director must be a practicing Catholic in good standing
• Must have good written and oral communication skills
• Must be self-motivated and a trustworthy steward of Archdiocesan resources
• Must have foresight and the initiative necessary for effectively planning events well in advance of the event date
• Must have the ability to supervise others
• Must be able to multi-task while maintaining a focus on details
• Must be able to handle occasional times of long hours/high pressure leading up to and during events
• Local travel will be required for certain events
Qualified candidates may submit their resume and cover letter including salary requirements to email@example.com.