Licensed Practical Nurse (Part-time)
Cardinal Ritter Senior Services has job openings for part-time DAY and EVENING shift Licensed Practical Nurses at Mother of Perpetual Help Assisted Living Facility to be responsible for the well- being of residents through the delivery of high quality services in a manner that complies with applicable laws and regulations. The position assists in the management of all resident care under the supervision of the Resident Care Coordinator. All responsibilities will be conducted in a manner that is consistent with the philosophy of Cardinal Ritter Senior Services Cardinal Ritter Senior Services is a not-for-profit organization that values its employees and provides services to improve the quality of life for senior adults by promoting and providing health assistance, housing facilities, social services and programs, and volunteer opportunities in St. Louis City and County, as well as in St. Charles, Jefferson, Franklin and Warren Counties. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package. We also bring the mission to life by expressing the core values of love, compassion, hope and integrity.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Oversees the provision of quality care given by the CMTs, ML1s and CNAs
2. Possess good assessment skills and be able to recognize any symptoms that indicate a significant change in a resident’s condition.
3. Effective communication with physicians and family members regarding the health and welfare of all residents.
4. Monitors each resident’s adjustment to the facility and observes their general physical and mental condition including review of resident’s charts, medications, special diet and/or other orders.
5. Maintain confidentially and privacy of all residents.
6. Must be flexible in assigned staffing.
7. Assists Resident Care Coordinator with scheduling all physician services, clinic and resident appointments.
8. Documents, investigates and communicates resident, staff and visitor incidents.
9. Identifies safety hazards and institutes corrective action in a timely manner.
10. Facilitates and encourages family involvement with residents.
11. Promotes and coordinates wellness activities.
12. Demonstrates the ability to function as a team member in sharing responsibilities for the administration of resident care in cooperation with all members of the team.
13. Promotes and facilitates interactive problem solving with staff.
14. Responsible for ensuring staff follows HR Policies and Procedures.
15. Performs other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
1. Must be a licensed nurse in good standing.
2. At least 2 years previous work experience in Long Term Care.
3. Be familiar with state and federal guidelines as it pertains to Assisted Living Facilities.