Graduate Support Counselor
At St. Cecilia School and Academy, a St. Louis Archdiocesan Elementary School, our goal is to grow successful children through a quality, Catholic education. The children in our school community are 85% Hispanic and 90% qualify for free/reduced lunch. Our dedicated faculty is focused on providing an atmosphere in which each child can develop intellectually, spiritually, emotionally, socially, and physically. It is also our goal that all our graduates attend a highly regarded, college preparatory high school, successfully graduate from high school, and continue on to post-secondary education. Consequently, our commitment to each student and family extends beyond graduation from 8th grade. The Graduate Support program begins in middle school and continues through high school, college placement and beyond.
St. Cecilia Academy is seeking a full-time Counselor to assist the Graduate Support Director in delivering Graduate Support services to our middle and high school students. This position will be responsible for:
• Maintaining contact with students and families throughout high school, monitoring academic progress and, in collaboration with the high school guidance staff, providing help and access to resources that will support the students’ academic needs;
• Assisting high school students with college selection, the application process, and the financial aid process;
• Managing and responding to middle school student academic, conduct, and behavioral issues during the extended day and summer programming (both one-on-one and in large classroom settings);
• Supporting middle school students and families with the transition into high school through school selection, application, registration, and admissions;
• Offering support with college prep and placement activities (ACT testing, ACT prep classes, college applications, facilitating college visits, etc.);
• Tracking outcomes of the Graduate Support program (high school acceptance, high school graduation, college acceptance, etc.)
The successful applicant will possess a Bachelor’s degree, at a minimum. Some regular evening and weekend hours will be necessary. Experience as an educator, counselor, or social worker is preferred but not required. Training will be provided. Fluency in Spanish would be helpful.
Please send cover letter and resume to Principal Mary Loux at email@example.com.