Assistant Director of Nursing
Cardinal Ritter Senior Services has a job opening for an experienced full-time Assistant Director of Nursing to assist in directing all nursing activities at Mary Queen and Mother Center, St. Louis, MO 63119. Cardinal Ritter Senior Services is a not-for-profit organization that values its employees and provides services to improve the quality of life for senior adults by promoting and providing health assistance, housing facilities, social services and programs, and volunteer opportunities in St. Louis City and County, as well as in St. Charles, Jefferson, Franklin and Warren Counties. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package. We also bring the mission to life by expressing the core values of love, compassion, hope and integrity.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Assists the Director of Nursing in coordinating, directing, staffing, and evaluating the 24 hour operation of Nursing Services in order to meet the nursing needs of the residents.
2. Assists survey personnel and inspection team.
3. Schedules and chairs monthly Charge Nurse meetings. Provides in services to nursing staff as needed.
4. Coordinates Restraint Committee Meetings.
5. Performs a weekly assessment on all wounds and generates a wound report.
6. Communicates with pharmacy and follow up on pharmacy consults.
7. Coordinates and schedule appointments with the Podiatrist, Dentist, and Optometrist.
8. Ensures that incident reports are complete and an investigation initiated with follow up as appropriate.
9. Interviews, hires, disciplines, and terminates Nursing employees according to Human Resources policies.
10. Addresses grievances in conjunction with Human Resources.
11. Reviews, updates, and develops policies and procedures to meet State and Federal regulations.
12. Reviews applications of potential admits to determine appropriate level of care needs.
13. Supervises Nursing activities to ensure quality care of residents.
14. Participates in conflict resolution issues.
15. Completes evaluations for staff directly supervised.
16. Assists with developing criteria for managed care.
17. Conducts probationary and annual staff reviews.
18. Participates in counseling process when necessary.
19. Responsible for ensuring staff follows HR Policies and Procedures.
20. Performs other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
1. Current Missouri registered nursing license, or current Missouri licensed practical nursing license (under the direct supervision of registered nurse).
2. At least five (5) years experience in long term care Nursing.
3. Knowledge of regulations pertaining to long term care and medical records.
SKILLS & ATTITUDES REQUIRED FOR SUCCESS IN JOB:
1. Able to follow instructions and generalize from those instructions.
2. Be a self-starter; able to plan and prioritize own work on a daily basis.
3. Possess a professional demeanor, be perceptive, display interest in work, and possess good observation skills.
4. Able to transcribe and record correspondence from physicians and Nursing department members.
5. Possess typing skills and data processing experience.
6. Ability to assess problems presented and make appropriate interdepartmental and intradepartmental referrals.
7. Ability to evaluate independently while being aware of decision consequences.
8. Able to cope with emergency needs of the staff and residents when required.
9. Be sensitive, flexible, and mature enough to cope with difficult, ill, and emotionally upset individuals.
10. Able to handle and maintain confidential information.
11. Willing to promote the philosophy of CCSLC.
12. Able to perform the essential physical/mental functions of this position .