Service Coordinator HUD Apartments
Cardinal Ritter Senior Services has a job opening for a full-time Service Coordinator for a HUD Apartment Building. This position is located at St. John Neumann Apartments, 8424 Lucas & Hunt Road, St. Louis, MO 63136. Cardinal Ritter Senior Services is a not-for-profit organization that values its employees and provides services to improve the quality of life for senior adults by promoting and providing health assistance, housing facilities, social services and programs, and volunteer opportunities in St. Louis City and County, as well as in St. Charles, Jefferson, Franklin and Warren Counties. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package. We also bring the mission to life by expressing the core values of love, compassion, hope and integrity.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Assess the needs of the apartments’ residents, with focus on their activities of daily living, monitoring them quarterly and/or re-assessing them yearly, depending on their priority (frail, at risk, or non-applicable).
2. Refer and link residents to service providers in the community to provide services that include, but are not limited to, homemaker services, personal care services, meal/food programs, transportation services, money management services, legal services, mental health services, State/Federal benefit programs, Medicare/Medicaid and other health insurance information, long term care information, etc.
3. Monitor the delivery of services to residents to ensure they are appropriate, timely, and satisfactory.
4. Establish links with community agencies and service providers, creating resource information/lists that are available to residents and families.
5. Educate residents on available community resources, service availability, application procedures, client rights, etc., both individually and as a group.
6. Assist residents with applying/re-applying for state and federal benefit programs.
7. Advocate for residents when they have reached an impasse or barrier to services, or are not able to advocate for themselves.
8. Encourage residents to be proactive in meeting their social, psychological, and physical needs.
9. Educate apartment staff on issues related to aging in place and coordination of services, to help them better work with and assist the residents.
10. Assist apartment management in identifying residents who need assistance, as well as following up on referrals from management related to specific residents and their need for supportive services by using the least restrictive intervention necessary to alleviate a problem situation.
11. Report all suspected abuse, neglect, and exploitation situations to the appropriate agency.
12. Document all contacts with residents, providers, families, etc.
13. Maintain secure individual resident files in a confidential manner, which will contain at least the following: release of information forms, casenotes, assessment forms, monitors/reassessments, agency provider information, copies of applications/letters related to the resident, etc.
14. Complete all reports/statistics required by the supervisor, agency, and HUD in an accurate and timely manner.
15. Attend all training required by HUD within the first year of employment as a Service Coordinator and each year following.
16. Perform other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
1. Baccalaureate degree required - concentration in Social Work or Gerontology ideal.
2. Two years experience with provision of services to senior adults desired with a demonstrated working knowledge of community services/providers available to this population.
3. Awareness of eligibility for and procedures of State and Federal benefit programs preferred.
4. Training in subjects that include, but are not limited to, the aging process, senior adult services, disability services, drug and alcohol abuse, mental health issues, etc. helpful.