Certified Nurse Assistant (CNA)
Cardinal Ritter Senior Services has job openings for CNAs to work full-time (evenings), part-time (evenings) and PRN (all shifts) at Mother of Perpetual Help Assisted Living in the Memory Care Unit. Cardinal Ritter Senior Services is a not-for-profit organization that values its employees and provides services to improve the quality of life for senior adults by promoting and providing health assistance, housing facilities, social services and programs, and volunteer opportunities in St. Louis City and County, as well as in St. Charles, Jefferson, Franklin and Warren Counties. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package. We also bring the mission to life.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Reports to Resident Care Coordinator at the beginning of the shift for assignment and report.
2. Administers nursing care to residents under the direction of charge personnel.
3. Performs and assists residents with personal activities of daily living, such as bathing, dressing (in appropriate clothing), toileting, nail care (except for diabetics), hair care, skin care, oral care, periodontal care, shaving, and communication.
4. Assists resident to meals and monitors food and fluid intake.
5. Performs only those functions that are permitted within the role of a CNA.
6. Attends staff meetings and in-services as required.
7. Organizes work to utilize time properly by identifying priorities, planning, and working with co-workers, while completing work in an efficient manner and maintaining the resident at the highest level of functioning for as long as possible.
8. Maintains good housekeeping standards in residents’ rooms and work areas.
9. Answers all lights promptly.
10. Ensures resident safety by making routine rounds.
11. Report to charge personnel anything out of the ordinary immediately, i.e., change in condition, vital signs, poor appetite, change in mental or physical status, falls, injuries, emesis, etc.
12. Helps to meet the emotional needs of the resident, e.g., talking and listening to residents.
13. Promote activities/exercise for residents by walking, getting residents involved in activities, etc.
14. Be familiar with the emergency procedures of the facility, including fire and evacuation, tornado/storm, and search for missing resident.
15. Know where the disaster manual is located for reference.
16. Performs vital signs accurately.
17. Responsible for the whereabouts of assigned residents throughout the shift; who are not signed out.
18. Follows the nursing policies and procedures and the philosophy of care of Cardinal Ritter Senior Services.
19. Performs cleaning duties as assigned.
20. Performs other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
1. Must have completed the State of Missouri Certified Nurse Assistant training program and be in good standing in the State of Missouri.
2. Must have current CPR Certification or be willing to become CPR certified.