Certified Nurse Assistant (CNA) - Skilled Care
Cardinal Ritter Senior Services has openings for CNAs to work full-time (days) and part-time (days) at Mary, Queen and Mother Center Skilled Nursing - 7601 Watson Rd., St. Louis, MO. Cardinal Ritter Senior Services is a not-for-profit organization that values its employees and provides services to improve the quality of life for senior adults by promoting and providing health assistance, housing facilities, social services and programs, and volunteer opportunities in St. Louis City and County, as well as in St. Charles, Jefferson, Franklin and Warren Counties. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package. We also bring the mission to life by expressing the core values of love, compassion, hope and integrity.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Administers nursing care to residents based on the plan of care and under the direct supervision of charge personnel.
2. Reports to Charge nurse at the beginning of the shift for assignment and report.
3. Performs and assists residents with personal activities of daily living, such as bathing, dressing (in appropriate clothing), toileting, nail care (except for diabetics), hair care, skin care, oral care, periodontal care, shaving, and communication.
4. Assists resident to meals and monitors food and fluid intake.
5. Performs only those functions that are permitted within the role of a CNA.
6. Performs proper transfer techniques using a gait belt or mechanical device. Operates equipment in the correct manner ,i.e., Hoyer lift, Bed scale, Shower chairs, Geri chairs, Stand up lifts, and various wheelchairs.
7. Organizes work to utilize time properly by identifying priorities, planning, and working with co-workers, while completing work in an efficient manner and maintaining the resident at the highest level of functioning for as long as possible.
8. Maintains good housekeeping standards in residents’ rooms and work areas.
9. Answers all lights promptly.
10. Ensures resident safety by making routine rounds and ensuring that at least one CNA is on the hall at all times. CNA should sign out when leaving division for break or meals.
11. Report to charge personnel anything out of the ordinary immediately, i.e., change in condition, vital signs, poor appetite, change in mental or physical status, falls, injuries, emesis, etc.
12. Helps to meet the emotional needs of the resident, e.g., talking and listening to residents.
13. Promote activities/exercise for residents by walking, getting residents involved in activities, etc.
14. Be familiar with the emergency procedures of the facility, including fire and evacuation, tornado/storm, and search for missing resident.
15. Know where the disaster manual is located for reference.
16. Performs vital signs accurately.
17. Responsible for the whereabouts of assigned residents throughout the shift; who are not signed out.
18. Follows the nursing policies and procedures and the philosophy of care of Cardinal Ritter Senior Services. Attends in-services and staff meetings as scheduled in order to obtain 12 mandatory education hours annually.
19. Performs cleaning duties as assigned.
20. Performs other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
1. Must have completed the State of Missouri Certified Nurse Assistant training program and be in good standing in the State of Missouri.
2. Must have current CPR Certification or be willing to become CPR certified.
SKILLS & ATTITUDES REQUIRED FOR SUCCESS IN JOB:
1. Must have good interpersonal communications skills.
2. Must be genuinely interested in working with the Senior Adults.
3. Must be able to maintain confidentiality, loyalty, integrity, and dignity and be tactful and patient.
4. Must possess personal qualities that demonstrate the ability to care for others, i.e., sensitivity, patience, honesty, cheerfulness, willingness, reliability, positive attitude, and observation skills.
5. Must have initiative and use good judgement in recognizing symptoms indicative of a resident’s change in condition.
6. Must be neat and clean in personal appearance and grooming.