Certified Medication Technician (CMT)
Cardinal Ritter Senior Services has job openings for CMTs to work part-time (evenings or nights every weekend) and PRN (all shifts) at Assisted Living Facilities. Cardinal Ritter Senior Services is a not-for-profit organization that values its employees and provides services to improve the quality of life for senior adults by promoting and providing health assistance, housing facilities, social services and programs, and volunteer opportunities in St. Louis City and County, as well as in St. Charles, Jefferson, Franklin and Warren Counties. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package. We also bring the mission to life.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Prepares, administers and documents medications by all routes, except for intramuscular and subcutaneous injections, with the exception of insulin, in compliance with all State and Federal regulations.
2. Responsible for performing blood sugar testing and administering insulin as ordered.
3. Observes, reports and records response of the resident to medications.
4. Observes and reports changes in residents’ physical condition and cognitive/ emotional status to Resident Care Coordinator.
5. Maintains an accurate account of controlled substances.
6. Orders and monitors appropriate use of needed supplies including reordering of medications.
7. Administers specified treatments and records.
8. Administer oxygen by nasal cannula as needed.
9. Maintains oxygen systems for residents on a daily bases.
10. Assists residents with bathing and personal hygiene (shaving, oral hygiene, nail care, hair care, foot care(except for diabetics); mobility devices (canes, walker, wheelchairs, crutches, including monitoring safe self-transfer and ambulation techniques and care of all activities of daily living devices (eyeglasses, contact lenses, hearing aids).
11. Assists residents with housekeeping tasks such as vacuuming, room cleaning emptying trash, bed making, and bed/linen changes.
12. Assists residents with personal laundry as needed.
13. Records incidents, errors, and/or accidents
14. Conducts room checks and makes resident rounds.
15. Records resident and resident-related events
16. Ensures resident’s participation in meal times.
17. Participates in and supports the resident-centered activity programs.
18. Responds to and acts appropriately in emergency or disaster situation.
19. Demonstrates an appreciation of the heritage, values and wisdom of the residents and an understanding of the aging process.
20. Assists with quality assurance programs.
21. Assists in training of new CMT/ML1 staff.
22. Provides and promotes customer service for residents, employees, and visitors
23. Maintain safe and clean environment for residents, visitors and staff.
24. Attends all staff meetings and required in-services.
25. Performs other duties as directed.
KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
1. Must be a Certified Nursing Assistant and in good standing in the state of Missouri.
2. Must have successfully completed the Certified Medication Technician training program for the state of Missouri and be in good standing.
3. Must have successfully completed or be willing to complete the Insulin Administration Training Program.
4. Must have current CPR certification or be willing to become CPR certified.
5. Maintains all certification required for employment qualifications.
6. Able to perform duties with minimal direction from the Resident Care Coordinator.