St. Joseph Parish in Cottleville is seeking a Pastoral Associate. In addition to working closely with the Pastor and pastoral team, this person will work cooperatively with Women’s Ministry, Bereavement Caregivers, the Faith Enrichment Program, the Baptismal Preparation Program, communion to the homebound and hospital visitation. The Pastoral Associate is a resource person for the PSR faculty and staff and visits classrooms at St. Joseph School and the Parish School of Religion program. Preference will be given to a Consecrated Religious woman or lay person with a Bachelor’s degree in Theology and Pastoral education background. Salary and compensation follow Archdiocesan guidelines which include a competitive benefits package available upon hire.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Assist the Pastor, Associate Pastors, Deacons, and Parish Staff as needed for the good of the Parish.
• Be the Staff contact and work cooperatively with the Women’s Ministry Team.
• Be present and greet the people at the weekend Masses. Be Lector and Extraordinary Minister of Eucharist when assigned or needed.
• Be the Staff contact and work cooperatively with the Bereavement Caregivers group in planning and implementing their bi-weekly Grief Support Group, as well as with their special projects: Mass of Remembrance, Rite of Naming and Commending Children Who Die before Birth, etc. Meet the families of those who lose their loved ones at the visitation and the Funeral Mass.
• Make calls to the Parish Prayer Chain when requested. Update the office bulletin board, listing parishioners who are in the hospital. Parish Anointing of the Sick.
• Conduct Baptismal Classes for parents monthly and assist with helping them prepare for their child’s baptism.
• Be a presence and resource person for the full-time and part-time/PSR faculty and staff, by devoting approximately one day/5 hours a week to this ministry. This would include working cooperatively with the Religion Coordinator in the full-time school and PSR Coordinator in preparing students for First Reconciliation with a focus on the parents’ meeting.
• Companion in Faith to those parishioners who want to respond to God’s call to deepen their own spirituality and Faith life. Participate in Small Faith Communities and Contemplative Prayer groups.
Knowledge & Experience Requirements:
• Bachelor’s degree in Theology or related discipline
• Prior experience working in a Catholic Parish environment is a plus
• Lay persons must be practicing Catholics committed to uphold the teachings of the Catholic Church
Skills & Attitudes Required for Success on the Job:
• A passion and sound understanding of the Catholic faith and evangelization
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Basic computer skills – Microsoft Office – Word & Excel
• Comfortable working collaboratively with a small team
• Ability to work well with volunteers and directing their activities
Send resume and two references to Msgr. James P. Callahan, 1355 Motherhead Road, St. Charles, MO. 63304 or by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.