The event includes:
Prayer time & Mass
A "Rock-a-thon" to benefit Our Lady's Inn
Cost is $10 per person in advance, or $12 at the door.
We ask that you register by February 28th to help us with preparation.
Participants in the "rock-a-thon" are asked to obtain pledges of any amount for their rocking. Pledges will benefit Our Lady's Inn.
How do I join the Rock-a-thon?
- Get together a team of six or less
- Print out the sponsorship form and release forms (see below)
- Gather sponsorships to support your team’s rocking endeavors
- Mail your completed sponsorship form and release forms along with your $10 attendance fee (includes a t-shirt, food, and music!)
- Have your generous sponsors mail in donations directly to Our Lady’s Inn at 4223 S. Compton St. Louis, MO 63111
- Bring a rocking chair for your team and decorate it (be respectful of the rocking chair- your parents will thank you!). You may even win prizes for best decorated rocking chair and team with the most money raised
- Come to Rosati Kain on March 7th for Life Rocks at 4pm and rock the night away!
- For more information contact Breanna at 314-351-4590 or firstname.lastname@example.org
|4-4:30||Registration at Rosati-Kain High School; Brief welcome
|4:30-5:30||Group procession to Planned Parenthood; sidewalk prayer|
|5:30||Return to Rosati-Kain|
|5:35||Official Welcome; Introduction to the evening's activities
|5:45- 6:15||Speaker Session #1 (See below)|
|6:15-7||Dinner and live music|
|7:00-7:45||Breakout session and/or service project|
|7:45-8:15||Speaker Session #2 (See Below)|
|8:45-9:00||Get into rocking groups/small sharing groups to discuss movie|
|9:00-9:30||Speaker Session #3 (See Below)|
|9:45||End rocking- quick thank you and preparation for Mass; walk to Cathedral|
|10:00-11:00||Mass in Cathedral Basilica with Bishop Rice|
Session #1 (pick one):
Explaining the Church's Position on In-Vitro Fertilization - Fr. Henry Purcell, associate pastor, St. Simon the Apostle parish
"Who Am I to Judge?": Judgement vs. Condemnation In Today's World - Fr. Anstoetter, association pastor, Holy Infant parish
Straight Talk for Girls and Guys - Gabe Jones, Program Manager, Respect Life Apostolate and Breanna Colombini, Development Coordinator, Our Lady's Inn
Attendees will be able to choose a service project:
- Making sandwiches for St. Patrick Center
- Writing cards to the elderly at Cardinal Ritter Senior Services
- Helping Good Shepherd Children & Family Services with a project
- Assisting Our Lady's Inn with an on-site project
Where is it and When?
Friday, March 7th, 2014. 4pm at Rosati-Kain High School (4389 Lindell Blvd, St Louis, MO 63108).
Parking is available in the lot to the West of the Cathedral and directly behind the Cathedral on the North side.