NO PHOTO OF ST. KEVIN CHURCH
St. Kevin Church, at Park and Cardinal Avenue, was built in 1876. It was dedicated to the patron saint of Dublin. An accompanying school was built at the same time. In 1904 it was decided to build a larger church to meet the needs of the growing number of parishioners. This would be located at the corner of Lafayette and Longfellow. Since the United States had been dedicated to Mary under her title as the Immaculate Conception, it was decided to name the new edifice Immaculate Conception/St. Kevin. The old St. Kevin's church building was then given to the use of the parish school. The school was served by the Sisters of Loretto. Gradually the parish became simply known as Immaculate Conception.