Promotion and Publicizing Eucharistic Adoration in the Parish
Key Factors Contributing to the Successful Institution of Perpetual Adoration and Increased Participation in Eucharistic Adoration
- Pastor's firm belief in the graces of Eucharistic Adoration and communication of these graces to his parishioners,
- Primary responsibility for Eucharistic Adoration resting with a Lay Coordinator and a committee, which report to the Pastor or his designee,
- Six to eight people meet once a week to pray for success,
- Regular, eye catching bulletin notes (see below, "Promotion and Publicizing in the Parish"),
- Expertise of an experienced coordinator from another successful parish (Also see sign-up weekends),
- Confidence that Perpetual Adoration is easier to initiate than 1-2 days a week,
- Assistance from an experienced guest homilist to promote adoration on sign-up weekend (please refer to list below and - also see sign-up weekends)
- Arrange an adult and children holy hour (program/schedule)
- Encourage teachers to bring students to visit Jesus in the Blessed Sacrament
- Encourage parents to bring their children to their Holy Hour.
- Use children's prayer card for Eucharistic Adoration (Archbishop's Committee on Eucharistic Adoration) or similar prayers.
To increase participation in Eucharistic Adoration, conduct a sign-up weekend every 2-3 years. It is usually best to have a guest priest as a homilist at all Sunday Masses on a weekend (emphasizing the importance, graces/blessing, etc) to inspire people to signup to participate in Eucharistic Adoration. Sign-up forms and pencils should be available in the pews.
Vacant Hour Suggestions
Letter of invitation to New Catholics from the RCIA
Compose a letter to the newly initiated welcoming them and informing them of the adoration times in your parish. Click here for a sample.