St. Bridget of Erin
St. Bridget of Erin was built as an Irish National Parish. Organized in 1853, the cornerstone was laid in 1859. It was located at 2401 Carr Street. The girls’ school was run by the Sisters of St. Joseph and the boys’ school directed by the Christian Brothers, beginning in 1871. From 1927-1936 the property served as a site of Kenrick Prep Seminary and High School. In 1963 St. Leo Parish merged with St. Bridget. In 1973 St. Patrick merged with St. Bridget. As of 2003, St. Bridget Church serves as the chapel for Central Catholic Grade School.