Date Opened: 
1888
Date Closed: 
1978

 

St. Leo's was built at 23rd and Mullanphy in 1888 to serve the needs of the Irish Catholic community. Its school, begun in 1888, was staffed by the Sisters of St Joseph . Due to declining numbers it was merged with St. Bridget’s in 1963. In 1978 the church building was razed.

Address: 
23rd and Mullanphy