St Malachy's (St Louis) was founded as an Irish parish at 7th and Clark in 1858. It later moved to 2904 Clark Avenue. Its grade school programs ran from 1861-1919, staffed at times by Dominican Sisters and Christian Brothers. The school reopened briefly in the 1940s. It was staffed by Jesuits from 1941-1959. The church was razed when it closed in 1959.