Submit Nomination for the Archbishop Robert J. Carlson Excellence in Communication Award
The call for nominations deadline has been extended to January 15, 2016!
Pope Francis recognizes the importance of communication and media as a cornerstone in building an authentic culture of encounter. As such, the local Church in St. Louis follows the lead of our Holy Father in supporting and recognizing the excellent communication in the region.
The Archbishop Robert J. Carlson Excellence in Communication Award is given each year to two communications professionals. One award recognizes an individual of integrity in the communications profession – media, business, academic or wider community – who exemplifies Catholic values and Christian ethics. A second award is presented to an individual in Catholic communications whose work for the Church or a Catholic organization has demonstrated excellence and has made a lasting impact.
Please consider the nomination of someone you may know who has made a significant difference through their work in the communications profession to join the elite group of past award recipients including long term journalist Martin Duggan, author Patty Schneier, KSDK's Mike Roberts and Wendy Wiese of Relevant Radio and Donnybrook.
WHO IS ELIGIBLE?
- Members of the media representing a local publication, radio or television broadcast, including, but not limited to, publishers, editors, journalists, photographers, advertising and/or marketing representatives
- Locally-based corporate or university communications executives
- Business leaders utilizing the various communications outlets to influence the betterment of our society
WHO CAN NOMINATE?
- Anyone who would like to recognize the achievements of a communications professional in the Archdiocese of St. Louis.
WHAT ARE CRITERIA FOR SELECTION?
Nominations will be reviewed and recipient selected based on these following qualities:
- Has made a measurable difference in our local community
- Has made a significant and lasting contribution to the field of mass communications
- Is acknowledged as one of the best in the field
- Has demonstrated a commitment to the broader cause of media effectiveness and excellence
WHAT IS THE DECISION MAKING PROCESS?
- The call for nominations deadline is November 30, 2015 has been extended to January 15, 2016!
- Archdiocesan Communications Advisory Board will select the finalists and recipients
- Archbishop Robert J. Carlson will approve the final recipients
- Finalists will be recognized and winners announced at the Awards Luncheon on July 21, 2016