Congratulations on your engagement!
Couples who wish to be married in the Catholic Church are required to attend the following:
- Marriage Preparation Program (options listed below)
- Introductory Natural Family Planning Class
Natural Family Planning Schedule, click here or call the Office of Natural Family Planning at 314.997.7576.
Download a Marriage Preparation Checklist
Archdiocesan Marriage Preparation Classes
(Office of Laity and Family Life)
- View the Class Schedule. Classes are a total of 10 hours and take place at locations throughout the Archdiocese. Please do not contact the class location directly.
- Click here to Register. If you have questions, call Jackie Torbeck at 314.792.7182. Classes fill quickly, so please register and submit payment as soon as possible. Cost: $175, unless otherwise noted.
- Once you have registered online, you may pay by credit or debit card, e-check or PayPal by clicking here . You will be directed to our Online Giving page where your payment can be processed by the PayPal network. You may complete your payment as a PayPal "guest," or use your existing PayPal account. Please be sure and put the bride and groom's names in the "Comments" section. If you would prefer to make your payment by mail with a check or money order, please send and make it payable to: Laity & Family Life - PCM, Mail Stop 375215, P.O. Box 798307, Saint Louis, MO 63179-8000.
Coming May 2014...
A number of facilitator couples are available who will give engaged couples bilingual or Spanish marriage preparation. In addition to one-on-one preparation, a class is offered twice a year. For information, call Maria Lucrecia Knapp at 314.830.1426.
Parish-Based Sponsor Couple Experience
Check with your priest or deacon for a parish-sponsored marriage preparation program in which married couples meet one-on-one with engaged couple. This option is not available at all parishes.
Getting Remarried Program
This program is specially designed for couples where one of both have been married before. The program honors the relationship experience these couples bring to their marriage, and also addresses their unique needs. Call Jackie Torbeck at 314-792-7182.
Interested in bringing your marriage into the Church by convalidation of marriage? Read this short article that can help you understand how to begin the process. Click here. Contact your parish priest or deacon for information on beginning the process. For other resources, please call the Marriage Preparation Coordinator at 314.792.7182 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are interested in becoming a facilitator couple, please contact Jackie Torbeck
Today and All the Days of Your Life is a program of marriage preparation, developed by the Archdiocese of Saint Louis, to help engaged couples understand Sacramental Marriage and life-long commitment, as well as the vows and promises they will make on their wedding day. This program is designed to be used by Sponsor Couples in a parish or by a Facilitator Couple in a small or large group setting. The complete program lasts 10 hours.
Marriage Preparation Inventory Options for Parishes
Engaged Encounter Weekends of St. Louis
Held at the Marianist Retreat and Conference Center in Eureka, Missouri. For upcoming dates and a registration form, visit their website. Cost: $250/couple.
Pre-Cana Marriage Preparation Workshop
Sponsored by the St. Charles Lwanga Center in North St. Louis City, this is a Friday evening and full day Saturday workshop for engaged couples. For information, upcoming dates or to register, contact Norman Williams at 314.367.7929.
AGAPÈ Catholic Ministries
The AGAPÈ Catholic Ministries Marriage Preparation course is based on the Theology of the Body and Humanae Vitae. Online marriage preparation and Natural Family Planning (NFP) classes are available. Online worksheets foster conversation between the couple, and in all of the courses, there is follow-up with personalized feedback from instructor couples. This program is excellent for engaged couples in the Military.