St. Simon the Apostle Parish seeks qualified candidates for the position of part-time (approx. 25 hours/week) Parish Bookkeeper. The position will assist the Business Manager and/or the Pastor, as directed, in initiating, recording and preparing accounting transactions involving payroll, accounts receivable, accounts payable and general ledger.
• Prepares payroll, including payroll tax filings, payments and reports
• Prepares and files reports and payments for employee benefits
• Maintains employee payroll files
• Prepares bank deposits and records receipts
• Assists in providing family and school tuition information to FACTS;
• Oversees collections of receivables.
• Prepare monthly billing for early childhood center utilizing Procare software
• Maintains accounts receivable subsidiary ledgers
• Prepares vouchers including coding and payments of outstanding invoices
• Prepares and records general ledger journal entries
• Processes month-end closing entries and reconciliations.
• Prepares minor analytical reports for Business Manager
• Other duties per Pastor and/or Business Manager
Job Qualifications and Skills:
• Minimum High School diploma, 2 year or greater Accounting degree preferred
• Minimum 3-5 years related experience and/or training in accounts receivable, accounts payable, payroll and general ledger accounting
• Working knowledge of QuickBooks, Excel, Word and Outlook applications
• Must be able to perform duties with little assistance and able to multiply task
• Ability to read, analyze, and interpret technical accounting procedures and government regulations
• Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from Business Manager or Pastor
• Familiarity with the St. Louis Archdiocesan Parish structure is a plus
• Practicing Catholic with an integrated and balanced personal spirituality and a commitment to continuing faith formation
• Sensitive to the pastoral mission of the church
Please send resume with salary history to: Business Manager, St. Simon the Apostle Parish, 11011 Mueller Road, St. Louis, MO 63123 or e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.