The Archdiocese of Saint Louis has an opportunity for a full-time Accounting Assistant. This position is part of the Office of Shared Accounting and is located at 10257 Ashbrook Dr. St. Louis, 63137. The Archdiocese is a non-profit organization which encompasses 185 parishes, 146 schools, over 90 offices/agencies and a Catholic population of more than 500,000. We were voted a 2015 and 2016 TOP WORKPLACE in the St. Louis area. We value our employees by providing a balance between work and everyday life. We also offer a competitive benefits package available upon hire and a generous paid time off schedule.
The Accounting Assistant will be responsible for processing accounts payable, cash receipts and other data entry projects as well as sorting incoming work and gathering completed work for courier delivery. In addition to these tasks, this individual will perform certain tasks in Excel, Word and QuickBooks as directed by the Accounting Manager.
• Organize documents from incoming courier bags for completion
• Organize completed work for return to parishes via courier bag
• Process accounts payables and cash receipts as assigned by the Accounting Manager
• Assist in certain data entry and account reconciliations as assigned by the Accounting Manager
• Performs other duties as assigned
Skills & Qualifications:
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel, Internet and e-mail
• Working knowledge of QuickBooks
• Ability to process work load in a timely and efficient manner
• Ability to maintain an organized filing system for the office
• Sensitive to the pastoral mission of the Catholic Church
• Willing to participate in continuing education in accounting and computer skills
Qualified candidates may submit their resume and cover letter, including salary requirements to email@example.com.