Executive Director of Human Resources
The Archdiocese of Saint Louis has an opportunity for a full-time Executive Director of Human Resources. This position reports to the Chief Financial Officer and is responsible for strategic planning and managing all Human Resource functions for the Archdiocese of St. Louis. The position provides leadership across the Archdiocese, based on Catholic values and principles, by helping identify Human Resource needs, developing a robust recruitment process, establishing a strong organizational and talent development culture, and implementing consistent policies, procedures, and benefit programs that create a positive environment that attracts and retains high-quality talent.
Scope of Position:
The Archdiocese is comprised of four key organizations: Catholic Charities, Catholic Education, Parishes, and the Offices of the Archbishop which represent approximately 5,000 full-time employees and 6,000 part-time employees. The Executive Director will be responsible for serving their needs using a team of direct reports.
The position responsibilities cover all aspects of the Human Resource function for the lay employees of the Archdiocese. These include:
• Develop, prioritize, and implement a Human Resources strategic vision for the Archdiocese;
• Advise and assist the Ministry Team Advisors with all HR needs;
• Provide leadership and oversight for all HR team members across the Archdiocese;
• Establish a culture and process that provides for employee engagement, continuous personal and professional growth, and succession planning for key positions;
• Create policies and procedures that assist Department Heads in managing a workforce and employment records, recruiting, on-boarding, training, development, and evaluation of staff;
• Ensure timely and consistent application and communication in all relevant areas of employment/human resource legislation;
• Help build a climate of collaboration, diversity, and high performance throughout the archdiocesan workforce;
• Recommend compensation and benefit programs appropriate to the missions of the Archdiocese and archdiocesan funding capabilities.
Knowledge & Skill Requirements:
• Undergraduate degree in Human Resources (or related field). Master’s degree and/or SPHR are highly desirable.
• Minimum of 10 years of experience as a Human Resource Manager/Director.
• Demonstrated leadership in introducing and implementing enduring cultural change.
• Strong expertise in compensation and benefit administration.
• Proven experience in partnering with and leading a remote workforce.
• Thorough knowledge of federal and state employment laws.
• Demonstrated ability to establish a strong organizational and talent development culture.
• Practicing Catholic with deep personal commitment to the mission of the Church.
• Excellent teamwork, interpersonal, communication and organizational skills.
• Energetic, forward-thinking and creative with exceptional ethical standards.
• Adaptable and accessible leadership style.
• Excellent facilitator experienced in resolving conflicts.
• Leadership role model with capacity for coaching/developing colleagues as well as teams.
Qualified candidates may submit their resume and cover letter including salary requirements to email@example.com.