Renaissance in Catholic Education
The Archdiocesan School Oversight Committee is proposing some new initiatives that will usher in a new era for our Catholic schools in the City of St. Louis and eventually throughout the archdiocese.
- Creating a new position in the Catholic Education Office with responsibility for all of the elementary schools in the City of St. Louis. This person would focus only on the Catholic elementary schools throughout the city working with pastors, principals, teachers and parents to ensure that our schools are addressing the educational and formational needs of the students.
- Providing the resources, personnel and funding necessary to ensure that all educational and religious education programs in all of the schools throughout the city are of similar quality. The archdiocese would provide funds to enhance programs and provide direction in maintaining and placing quality educators in the elementary schools of the deanery.
- Introducing a new school governance model that will provide the necessary leadership, support and direction at the school level to maintain quality Catholic schools in the future.
St. Louis Review coverage:
- Balance of solidarity, subsidiary guide future of Catholic schools - January 19, 2017
- 'Renaissance' of Catholic education to extend to North County schools - January 9, 2017
- Brimming with Hope column by Dr. Nelson - Nov 23, 2016
- Plan seeks ‘renaissance’ of Catholic education in the city - Oct 28, 2016
- Formation of new corporate model school recommended at St. Joan of Arc - Nov 3, 2016
Updates for South City School:
- "What's in a Name" suggestions (pdf)
- "What's in a Name" Mass card (pdf)
- Parent Advisory Committee (pdf)
- Organizational Structure at New School (ppt)
- Tuition and Fees for the 2017-18 School Year (pdf)
- The South City New School Teacher Positions (pdf)
- Principal Advertisement (pdf)
- K-8 Curriculum Overview (pdf)
- 2017-2018 Tuition Policy (pdf)
- New School Newsletter (pdf)
- SCCA Newsletter - Feb 13, 2017 (pdf)
- South City Catholic Academy Family Handbook 2017-2018 (pdf)
- South City Catholic Academy Curricular Goals by Subject (pdf)
- October 20, 2016 letter to parents from Msgr Rivituso (pdf)
- Informational Powerpoint slideshow for South City (ppt)
- Questions and Answers (pdf)
- Additional Questions and Answers (pdf)
- St. Joan of Arc data (pdf)
- St James the Greater data (pdf)
- Our Lady of Sorrows data (pdf)
More information will be available soon. If you would like to contact the Office of Catholic Education, please use firstname.lastname@example.org.