Annual Respect Life Convention
During October, which is Respect Life Month, the RLA hosts its annual Respect Life Convention. The purpose of the Convention is to provide a forum for Catholics in the Archdiocese of St. Louis to gather and listen to informative and motivational speakers discuss the dignity and sanctity of human life and the latest efforts to build a Culture of Life.
The Respect Life Apostolate of the Archdiocese of St. Louis is excited to announce that Sr. Grace Dominic of the Sisters of Life will be the keynote speaker for the 40th Annual Respect Life Convention.
Sr. Grace Dominic's keynote will focus on how the contemplation of the mystery of mercy is the foundation of the culture of life. Sister's talk will invite attendees to dive into the transforming and renewing power of prayer to be a witness of God's merciful love and build an authentic culture of life.
The Sisters of Life is a contemplative/active religious community of women founded on June 1, 1991 by John Cardinal O'Connor for the protection and enhancement of the sacredness of every human life. Like all religious communities, they take the three traditional vows of poverty, chastity, and obedience; however, they are also consecrated under a special, fourth vow: to protect and enhance the sacredness of human life. Their Motherhouse is in New York and they have a presence in Connecticut, the Washington, D.C. area, Colorado, and Toronto, Canada. This year, the Sisters celebrate the 25th anniversary of their founding. Click here to learn more about the Sisters of Life and their apostolates.
- Seeking Hope, Seeking Holiness: Same-Sex Attraction and the Call to Chastity
- Faithful Citizenship in an Unfaithful World: What the U.S. Catholic Bishops Teach About Forming Consciences and Political Responsibility
- Palliative Care: Support for the Cure, Comfort at the End of Life, and Everything in Between
- Inside & Out: Stories from Reentry Services, Higher Education in Prison, and Getting to Know a Man on Death Row
- Young Catholics Proclaiming the Gospel of Life
- Responding with God's Mercy: Healing After Abortion
9:00 AM Exhibits Open
9:30 AM Mass
11:30 AM Luncheon Programming & Keynote
2:00 PM Workshop Session I
3:15 PM Workshop Session II
To register by mail:
- Download the registration form: Fillable Format or Static Format.
- Mail the completed registration form along with payment to: Respect Life Apostolate, 20 Archbishop May Dr., St. Louis, MO 63119.
- Cash or check payment only.
To register online:
- Click here to complete the online registration form.
- To register online, payment must be by credit card.
To register by phone:
- Call the Respect Life Apostolate at 314.792.7555, Mon-Fri from 8:30 am to 5 pm.
- Payment accepted by credit card or check.
Opportunities are available to individuals, organizations, and businesses to be a Convention sponsor, have an exhibit table at the Convention, and advertise in our Convention booklet! Download advertiser, exhibitor, and sponsor opportunities and registration information here.
The Annual Respect Life Convention will again be held at the beautiful and spacious St. Charles Convention Center (1 Convention Center Plaza, St. Charles, MO). Free surface lot parking is available. For information about the Convention Center, please click here.
Please Note: Construction to 5th Street and Fairgrounds begins March 2016 and is scheduled to conclude April 2017. For the latest information on road construction and rerouting, please click here.
St. Joseph Radio has again recorded the keynote address and all workshops. Recordings are available for purchase following the Convention.
We have promotional posters and brochures available. If you would like some materials for your church, school, or organization to help promote the convention contact the Respect Life Apostolate today!