Project Rachel and Project Joseph: Post-Abortion Healing Programs
There is Hope After Abortion.
The physical, emotional, and spiritual pain of abortion is undeniable. Because it is such a traumatic event, many who experience an abortion develop a form of post-traumatic stress disorder known as Post-Abortion Syndrome (PAS).
Project Rachel and Project Joseph provide healing and hope to women and men wounded by abortion through the following:
- Free, confidential, professional counseling for anyone who has been wounded by an abortion experience
- Monthly spiritual support group meetings
- Women's Retreats and Men's Retreats, based on the Entering Canaan model.
- Spiritual Direction or Reconciliation
To learn more about healing after abortion, please call (314) 792-7565 or email ProjectRachel@archstl.org or ProjectJoseph@archstl.org. Trustworthy caring persons will answer your call. We make every effort to ensure that you will be comfortable with those serving you.
You may also contact our Spiritual Support Coordinators directly. For Project Rachel, contact Marisol Pfaff during office hours at firstname.lastname@example.org or 314-792-7451. For Project Joseph, call or email Chuck Raymond at (314) 974-8767 or email@example.com.
Project Rachel and Project Joseph also have a number of other resources:
- Testimonies of those who have experienced hope and healing through Project Rachel or Project Joseph, including this photo and audio presentation created by the St. Louis Review
- Rachel's Garden, located at Resurrection Cemetery in South County
- Scriptural References for Hope After Abortion
- Symptoms of Post Abortion Syndrome (PAS) which is similar to Post-Tramatic Stress Disorder
- "We All Want to be Loved: A Priest's View on Abortion," with Fr. Tom Pastorius for the St. Louis Review
- Podcast on Healing Retreats with Sr. Catherine Marie Stewart for the St. Louis Review
- "Church Shows There Is Healing After Abortion," by Jennifer Brinker for the St. Louis Review
- Project Rachel Hot-line business cards, great for parish gathering spaces, counselors' offices, confessionals, etc.
- National Project Rachel contains national contacts for other Project Rachel Programs across the country
- "Services Expanding for Those Wounded by Abortion" article from ProLife Profile July 2010 Issue announcing the Project Joseph Program
Some other sites that might be helpful for post-abortion healing:
To order the additional information and promotional material, please complete the Materials Order Form.
Please support Project Rachel by letting your parish, organization or school know that these services are available. Please consider having a perpetual bulletin or newsletter item highlighting these services. Below is a document with some suggestions.